5 Lives Studios
Based in Brisbane, Australia
28 August, 2015
Satellite Reign is a real-time, class-based strategy game, set in an open-world cyberpunk city. You command a group of 4 agents through rain-soaked, neon-lit streets, where the law is the will of mega-corporations. Use your agents to sneak, shoot, steal, and sabotage your way up the corporate ladder, and take control of the most powerful monopoly of all time.
Satellite Reign was made possible by more than 15,000 generous backers through its Kickstarter campaign in July 2013. Leveraging Mike Diskett's experience creating the 'Syndicate' games of the 90s, Satellite Reign draws from the themes which made the series a cult classic, and brings them into the 21st century.
- When a corporation manages to patent immortality, it becomes impossible to compete. Where traditional business tactics fail, brute-force will succeed.
- The city of Satellite Reign is one big, open playground. No individual levels to pick between—the whole world can be explored seamlessly. Uncover new missions while you explore, and pick and choose which objectives you want to tackle.
- Each of your four agents can be tailored to suit your play style. Choose their skills, weapons, gear, augmentations, and even their genetic base by cloning exceptional individuals from the general population. Shape your team into an offensive war machine, or an elite covert spec-ops outfit.
- There's no 'right-way' to complete your objectives. The world has been designed to facilitate emergent gameplay, allowing you to choose from and combine a wide range of strategic options. Sneak in through ventilation shafts, hack doors, take out power generators, hijack the minds of guards, or just blow down the front door.
Satellite Reign Launch Trailer YouTube
Satellite Reign Early Access Trailer 2 YouTube
Satellite Reign Early Access Trailer 1 YouTube
Satellite Reign Animation Pipeline YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "This is not some blind attempt to clone the past, but a healthy extension and an original expression. Satellite Reign takes on inspiration from past glories, it does not dwell on them."
- Jim Rossignol, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "With Satellite Reign, the team at 5 Lives Studios has surpassed its inspiration – a bona fide classic – in almost every respect."
- Chris Brown, Gameplanet
- "It’s Syndicate. Not the actual Syndicate, mind, but the one that exists in the memories of those who played it over 20 years ago. And that’s a real treat."
- Fraser Brown, PCGamesN
- "Please don't suck."
- TotalBiscuit, Satellite Reign Early Access Trailer
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
The Satellite Reign Kickstarter page can be viewed at kickstarter.com.
Download Link to Launch Trailer
You can download a .MP4 copy of the Satellite Reign launch trailer from drive.google.com.
About 5 Lives Studios
5 Lives Studios is a team of five industry veterans who banded together in the wake of the Australian games industry's collapse. Having worked together in various studios for almost a decade, they decided to set out on their own independent venture to create the games they've always want to make. Between them, they've worked on a wide variety of genres and properties, including Syndicate, Grand Theft Auto, Darksiders, Star Wars, and more.
More information on 5 Lives Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Satellite Reign Credits
Additional Level Design
Shaders and VFX
Weapon and Vehicle Art
5 Lives Studios Twitter
Satellite Reign Twitter