Those triumphs followed his loss to Fede

Moderators: 5LS_Chris, 5LS-Mitch, 5LS-Dean

lw789

Those triumphs followed his loss to Fede

Postby lw789 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:55 am

The Winnipeg Goldeyes were firing on all cylinders on Sunday afternoon. The Goldeyes (39-23) took the rubber match of their series against the Kansas City T-Bones (30-32) by a score of 9-3 in front of 4,301 at CommunityAmerica Ballpark in Kansas City. Winnipegs starter Nick Hernandez was strong on the mound and earned the win. He worked seven and two-thirds innings and his only real blunder came in the seventh when he gave up three runs on four hits. Hernandez set the T-Bones down in order in five innings, had five strikeouts and gave up no walks. "Nick was throwing all of his pitches for strikes, and he kept the T-Bones batters off balance," said Goldeyes Pitching Coach Jamie Vermilyea on the Jewel 101 Post-Game Show. "He was getting strike one on pretty much everybody, and when you get a head of batters you can dictate how each at bat goes." The Goldeyes bats that were swinging well on Saturday night continued to be lively on Sunday. Six Fish batters had multiple hits, and three had multiple RBI. The Goldeyes scored in five different innings. "We started scoring early and often, and that takes a lot of pressure off your pitchers," said Vermilyea. It would all start in the top of the first, as the Goldeyes would take a three-run early lead on five hits. After being sat down in order in the second the Goldeyes came back looking for more in the third. After Tyler Kuhn got on base on a single, Donnie Webb would step up three batters later and hit a two-run home run to extend the Goldeyes lead to five. The next inning the Fish would produce two more runs on a home run from Josh Mazzola. In the fifth Webb would come around to score his second run of the game on a RBI single from Reggie Abercrombie. Two innings later the Goldeyes would tack on their ninth run of the game. Jake Blackwood got on base on a single and then was driven in by Abercrombie, giving Abercrombie his third RBI of the game. "Hes an RBI guy for us," said Vermilyea of Abercrombie, "thats why we got him. Today, he put the ball in play and when you do that good things are going to happen." The T-Bones would get too little too late in response. Going into the bottom of the eighth the home team had only two hits, but in the inning they would hit four singles and score three runs. Cephas Howard would come to the mound in relief of Hernandez in the bottom of the eighth, and he did his job, putting out Danny Richar to end the inning. Taylor Sewitt would finish the game for the Goldeyes, as he would pitch a scoreless, 1-2-3 ninth inning to secure the win. The Goldeyes now travel home to take on the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks in a three-game series that goes Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, with all three games starting at 7 p.m. Megan Rapinoe Jersey . Today, well look at five frontcourt players today, here from the Bay Area. 1. AMIR JOHNSON (Raptors): I cant figure out what the issue or problem is, but based upon what Im seeing, hes not right. Abby Dahlkemper Jersey . Rockhold." Known as an aggressive striker, Belfort (23-10) instead paced himself as the engaged in the early going and showed restraint by not overcommitting against the larger Rockhold (10-2). But when the opportunity presented itself, Belfort delivered an incredible spinning heel kick that landed flush on Rockholds chin and sent him toppling to the floor. http://www.uswntproshop.com/c-31-casey- ... sey.aspx.5 million contract, according to a person familiar with the deal. Hatcher agreed to terms Thursday, according to a person who spoke on condition of anonymity because the contract had not been signed. Rose Lavelle Jersey . The Wizards gave up two seldom-used players — forward Jan Vesely and point guard Eric Maynor. Vesely goes to the Nuggets, while Maynor gets shipped to the 76ers. Philadelphia receives two second-round draft picks, one from the Wizards in 2015 and one from the Nuggets in 2016. Meghan Klingenberg Jersey . The Islanders own the fifth pick in the 2014 draft but had until June 1 to decide whether to keep it or defer to 2015. The selection was packaged in the teams deal for Thomas Vanek on October 27, 2013. LONDON -- Imagine what the reception will be like for Andy Murray on Monday when he first strides onto the green grass of Centre Court at Wimbledon. A year ago, Murray became the first British man since Fred Perry in 1936 to win the singles title at a tournament the locals refer to simply as "The Championships," ending a nations long wait and sparking talk of a knighthood. This year, Murray gets the defending champions honour of playing the fortnights first match on the most famous tennis court in the world. Seems safe to say that 15,000 or so of his closest friends will greet him with a full-throated roar. "As the time gets nearer, and, you know, I get ready to play the first match on Monday, Ill definitely ... be excited about it," Murray said. "I will be nervous. It (is) an experience; something I have never experienced before. Players have talked about it in the past, that its a great experience. But it can also be a nerve-racking one." Murray had a slow start this season, coming off back surgery, and he hasnt reached a final since Wimbledon 50 weeks ago. But he showed hes on the way back to peak form by reaching the semifinals at the French Open. Performing that well on clay would seem to bode well for what he can do on grass. "I expect to play well there. Im really looking forward to going back. I think it will give me a lot of positive energy," Murray said. "Im glad Im back playing to a level that was able to get me through to the last stage of Slams." As for how Murray will handle whatever jitters accompany his first trip back to the site of his most significant victory, his peers think hell be just fine. "The way hes got himself back into shape again, I think he can really believe again. Thats whats most important now," said Roger Federer, who won seven of his record 17 major championships at Wimbledon and is coming off a grass title at Halle, Germany. "(Being) defending champion is never an easy thing. But then again, he played so well on grass the last few years. ... I would feel comfortable if I was Andy at this point." Novak Djokovic, the 2011 champion and runner-up to Murray last year, agreed. "Im sure that Andy, with all thhe experience he has playing in the big matches, and especially here in front of his home crowd, understands and knows the way how to handle the pressure and expectation," Djokovic said.dddddddddddd. "So I expect him to do well." The other reigning singles champion, Frances Marion Bartoli, will not try to defend her title, announcing her retirement at 28, less than six weeks after the 2013 final. That actually fits well with the quirky career of Bartoli, who certainly did things her way, down to her two-fisted strokes for forehands, backhands and volleys. While Murrays baseline game is rather conventional by todays standards, his coaching decisions have been groundbreaking. After parting in March with Ivan Lendl -- whose hiring was followed by those of fellow past greats of the game Stefan Edberg (by Federer) and Boris Becker (by Djokovic) -- Murray picked former womens No. 1 Amelie Mauresmo as a replacement this month. "All Im interested in is to be able to help him (reach) his goals," Mauresmo said. "Thats about it." Murray, who grew up in Dunblane, Scotland, has made plain that those aims are primarily about winning more Grand Slam trophies. He earned his first at the 2012 U.S. Open, shortly after winning a gold medal at the London Olympics. Those triumphs followed his loss to Federer at Wimbledon that year. In 2013, Murray beat Djokovic in the Wimbledon final to end the 77-year drought. Scotlands vote in September about whether to break away from Britain -- Murray has steadfastly avoided weighing in -- will be a popular topic of conversation around London this summer, and with Englands early elimination from the World Cup, the attention on "Our Andy" at Wimbledon figures to be as strong as ever. "Anytime you taste what it feels like to win it once, you obviously want to win it again. So theres an element of pressure you put on yourself, for starters, because you sort of want to see what that feels like at least one more time," said ESPN analyst John McEnroe, who won Wimbledon three times. "From that standpoint, hes going to be feeling pressure. Clearly now once people know he can do it, theyre going to think he should do it again." NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Jerseys NFL China NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '