From UK, can't seem to see or connect to any of my US friends games.

Moderators: 5LS_Chris, 5LS-Mitch, 5LS-Dean

Llama

From UK, can't seem to see or connect to any of my US friends games.

Postby Llama » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:53 pm

As per title, I live in the UK and have 3 friends on the east coast of the US that I would love to play with but no matter which of them hosts, i can not see their games appear in the "internet" section of the games list. If I switch it to "friends" the game then appears but always has a latency of 24 (its usually 100+ between us in other games) and always fails to connect.
If I try to host a lobby they all have the exact same problem with trying to see/connect to my game.

I can succesfully connect to all the games that show up in the "internet" games list with no problems. And my friends can all connect to eachother without issue.

Is there some sort of region restriction for the co-op?
I did submit this in a bug report a week or 2 ago but thought I would post about it here as we all really want to play together.
5LS_Brent
Site Admin

Re: From UK, can't seem to see or connect to any of my US friends games.

Postby 5LS_Brent » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:20 am

We suspect that Unity's servers are regional and we're awaiting confirmation from them to see if that's the case
Wulfara

Postby Wulfara » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:53 pm

This is so bad! I really like this game. I was a big fan of Syndicate and Syndicate Wars back in the days and I was really hyped for this one.

But now I'm a very busy person and I spend my few free time co-op playing with friends and family. I and a relative of mine bought this game with the sole purpose of playing it togheter as soon as we read it became multiplayer but we can't see each other games (I'm in Europe, he's in South America). I'm sorry but we're going for a refund. Will buy again if you manage to enable cross-region multiplaying. :(
5LS_Brent
Site Admin

Postby 5LS_Brent » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:53 pm

We've had confirmation from unity that the servers are indeed regional, we're investigating potential work arounds but the best solution I can give at the moment is to use a VPN like hamachi to run a virtual LAN to your friends. You'll actually find network performance is better this way anyway as your packets aren't being relayed through Unity's servers.