Still some annoying bugs present

Moderators: 5LS_Chris, 5LS-Mitch, 5LS-Dean

Splith

Still some annoying bugs present

Postby Splith » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:29 pm

Playing for just one hour, I've noticed some pretty annoying bugs:

1) The sniper can literally shoot through walls. I mean it's great that I can snipe the draconion armoury camera from the other side but it's not errr realistic?
2) A CCTV camera I shot literally repaired itself within 10 seconds... Not even sure what to say. I've only normally ever seen CCTV cameras repair when I load a game.
3) There's a bug with changing characters and pressing space to use their weapon, I was using the world view with #2 then switched to #4 and pressing space would turn on and off the world view, no that's not what I wanted or what should have happened.
4) Inside the gate of the draconion place were 2 guards, I sniped them out, neither called for reinforcements and no-one else in the enclosure was bothered, but for some reason a huge backup squad from the streets rushes in and starts attacking... What even?
5) I noticed on the map that an ATM I had previously hacked was unhacked, as far as I'm aware this shouldn't happend? Only noticed it once with one ATM.
6) For the start part of getting into the industrial complex, why does it make you wanted by the police for picking up a package? Is this really intentional?
7) Is there a way to stop attacking someone? Say I've got the sniper deployed attacking someone, they keep missing so I just want them to stop, if I press space the sniper packs up, again not what I want.
Splith

Re: Still some annoying bugs present

Postby Splith » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:27 pm

8) Infiltrator with sniper rifle refuses to snipe the CCTV camera outside the CSA, instead just runs underneth it and does nothing!
Splith

Postby Splith » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:04 pm

Another hacked ATM has gone back to being unhacked at another point in the first district
9) Industrial district if you click the terminal to get 'In the line of duty' the agent uses the door to get upstairs, does a 180 and goes right back down again
Splith

Postby Splith » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:15 pm

Hacker stuck in a wall on the bank, industrial level...
Splith

Postby Splith » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:48 pm

10) ^ Seems to be a lot of locations for getting stuck in the wall, just to the right of the above screenshot (Grid, near entrance to eternals admin). Also it'd be good if you could have a guaranteed way of getting out because if you're in an enemy base you can't fast transport to a beacon, you can't save and there's no garantee continually clicking to switch between running and walking will push you out back into the world.
11) ^ Pathfinding: enemies just walk endlessly into the wall when you're below (once they're in this state you can walk right past them or trigger the alarm by getting spoting by a camera and they'll cotninue walking into the wall). This happens in multiple locations.
12) Captured turrets seem to be very selective in the enemies that they'll attack, some they just refuse to attack despite even being attacked by them. Take over the transport area from the grid to CBD and destroy the cameras (to spawn enemies at the door) or take all characters away from the area so it goes dark (to have enemies spawn) to see this issue occur fast.
13) Sometimes disabled power boxes will just become active again despite being near them (this is just random, majority of the time it doesn't happen)
14) Had more icons vanish from the map: used the data terminal in the eternals admin (had previously used it) for a mision (it was visible on map), then reloaded same save game but it was no longer visible on the map even after using it again. Also had another ATM stop syphoning and need rehacking.
15) If you use a vent whilst getting attacked by something e.g. a grenade or rocket from a large robot it will knock you out of bounds under the map
16) If you select an agent that can e.g. use a vent, hover the mouse over a vent then press a number button to select another agent that can't use the vent, the icon to use the vent will stay and you can move the mouse all over the screen and it'll still be there until you click.
17) The bottom left info icon for security doors in the grid to CBD checkpoint is missing (it's a question mark)
18) Is it intentional that enemies will walk into poison gas and die (this is without agents turning gas valves)?
19) Why can you not disable cloak whilst inside vents or bunkers and why does it still drain energy if cloak is enable whilst going through a vent or inside a bunker?
20) It is really annoying going between checkpoints and getting attacked because a bullet that wat being aimed at a civiliant hit one of your agents, suddenly the whole security team starts gunning for you. I like the touch the security just firing at civilians but there should be detection for those bullets if they hit you then to be ignored.
Splith

Postby Splith » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:10 pm

21) Who knows why, agent 3's energy just decided to completely stop regenerating halfway through a mission
Admin

Postby Admin » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:23 pm

Okay Splith maybe it's time you stopped taking the game so serious... We are aware of the so called "bugs" you've reported however we really don't appreciate your snarky attitude in this thread.
Anyways we might fix them next update...Not really sure...Probably not though.
Xeno

Postby Xeno » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:32 pm

Sniping trgets trough thin walls of concrete is not that unrealistic. .308 and rifle bullets can do that. Dedicated sniper rifle uses that or even heavier cartidge.
'tho there's definitelly problem with agents shooting without clear line of sight (ie whe target is obscured by buildings etc...). It's quite visible when shooting from the rooftops in Wyverns zone.
Pathfinding aslo is far from stellar, both agents and enemies got stuck on rooftops because they forgot to use doors, trying to chase in straight lines.
Few times infiltrator failed at stealth kill, because he wasted time jumping around not being sure is it right distance to shot somebody in the back or not.
As far as areas where agents may get stuck I cann add small garden patch by the entrance to the Continental Heaven. Another location is rooftop of the building in the south-eastern part of the Wyvern zone.

It happen few times my agend fall down from the foor and got stuc on the container at the base of the building.
Splith

Postby Splith » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:54 pm

22) I went into the entertainment area in the cbd district and got a new mission that was blank relating to the tower - but I was not in the tower. It's still blank.
23) I've tried entering multiple times with everyone, why can I not get the agent drone reward?
24) This power object isn't displayed and seems to be placed out of bounds. You can see only part of the graphics are drawn
25) Same issue as above. Only this time it's in the middle of a building you can't get to.
26) If you put all 4 men behind the metal grating here, the one on the end falls out of bounds and just appears at the lower level as seen
27) Went into the tower, nothing happened, all my people remained inside and I had buttons that I could click to 'exit building' (that would be a nice mechanic of hiding from enemies in buildings) and it gave me the error shown. I left the tower, went back in and no difference.

I actually really like this game, the concept is great and the graphics have a nice touch to them. I love how there literally are so many different ways you can do each objective and it brings back good memories of syndicate wars, but I think you should improve your QA testing for your next game. Thanks for making satellite reign!
Splith

Postby Splith » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:33 am

28) These civilians were apparently in an unauthorised area... But it's not, it's the front of the bank.
29) Common bug, apparently need to be at a relay beacon to adjust the loadout... Yeah, I'm standing at the relay becon.
30) This yellow marker will sometimes just popup and not clear, no idea what it means
31) Graphical glitch bottom left
32) You get attacked by the turrent and any guards if you enter any closer than #3 is, but it's not marked as restricted on the map and should be
33) if you exit the in-game menu having predsed shift-tab it comes out with the mouse icon as a red circle thing (the same as when you select the knife ability) but nothing is selected, clicking makes it go back to normal
34) I can't work the hijack ability out, sometimes you can take over 2 things, sometimes 3 things, sometimes 4 things. It also seems to be the cause of the energy running out and not recovering issue.
35) if you click to hijack something then cancel it, the enemy is alerted and goes after you.
36) Whilst hijacking with other enemies alerted sometimes the enemy being hijacked will still attack people, or will still alert everyone else, or will just stop being hijacked for no reason. Likewise if you start hijacking then switch to another agent and move you get the 'cannot do that' sound when you shouldn't
37) I've noticed whilst loading the game up, it's at 52% or 54% where you know if it will work or just crash out. I don't have an error log of it crashing but it's always at this point, happens about 10% of the time.
Splith

Postby Splith » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:11 pm

38) This is wrongly detected as being under a building and the agents clip right through it
39) This wall doesn't seem to be detected as a well, I cannot hide behind it only at the side like it's not there
40) Attempting to attack the big door makes the agents run into it and fire right behind it. Are big doors not destructable? And if not why do they have a health bar?
41) An enemy that is taking absolutely no damage from the flamethrower. It's not related to the shields because I have no problems killing other enemies with shields with the flamethrower.
42) Randomly when moving through relay beacons you will get a wanted level on an agent - for no reason
43) There's a CCTV camera in the middle of the CBD district that's covered by a camera. The camera can shine on you whilst hacking but it doesn't ever pick you up.
44) Why is it when hacking an enemy and there is absolutely NO ONE ELSE AROUND and no cameras see you or are anywhere near that you get a wanted level? The only witness to the event is the person you just hacked.
45) Upon releasing captured enemies for cloning, if they were captured in a fight then they will do the message 'dispatch there are no enemies around' but they're going back for cloning so why would they randomly radio back in to their original base for no reason?
46) For some reason in the map sometimes you have to click 4 or 5 times to get the relay beacon information panel to come up, once this happens you always have to click a lot on any more relay beacon messages to get it to come up
Splith

Postby Splith » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:17 pm

And an old one I forgot to post 47) There isn incosistency on CCTV cameras: if you take the power out about half of them the light goes out and the other half the light stays on... It's nice to see the FOV that the camera has especially if it's about to go back on soon but there should be no long on a camera with no power.
Splith

Postby Splith » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:19 pm

Agent clipped through the floor in another place
Splith

Postby Splith » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:15 pm

AI keeps going up and down stairs, does nothing else
Enemy is stuck in wall or below map. They can attack me, I can't attack them nor is their blue outline visible (centre of screen)
Generator fixed itself within 2 minutes of being hacked. I've had the surrounding areas with agents in and no enemies have went to fix it. Not that I've ever seen enemies fix generators, it just mentions it in the text. Enemies just seem to force open the doors (and sometimes kill themselves trying)
As above, I disabled all the generators which disabled all the doors, there are no enemy spawn point gates this side of the fence yet somehow enemies spawned back in this area and again the generators just fixed themselves up magically.
Enemies just stuck walking into door doing nothing else
Took control of a patrol dog and got them to attack this guard, it just screwed up, kept making the attacking noise but was doing nothing stuck inside, wouldn't move off. I eventually control of the guard but the patrol dog was still trapped inside and moved along with the unit when I moved it
When you get this guy out he just stands by the gate when he should run off. You can take control of him with agent 3 and send him for cloning.
Civ at gate keeps walking into it
Another place that agents fall off the bottom of the map (#2).
A guard has also fell off the bottom of the map at the same place
Turrent has been detected as an intruder, should this happen or should it only happen to civilians/agents?
You can research things you have finished researching
Agents refuse to attack this camera and instead just stand under it
List of weapons is bugged, the ammo count is flipped the wrong way and to select the other gun I have to click the same gun that is currently selected
Didn't get a picture of it but in the dracogenics tower, left enemy spawn point, 5 or 6 things came out including a patrol dog which walked slightly then went under the map. No outline was visible so I'm not sure what happened to it.
Also I find attacking to be very buggy, sometimes agents just don't attack for absolutely no reason, they'll just stand there getting shot at doing nothing.
Also it would be nice if when you start hacking someone that any agents attacking that enemy stop attacking them.
Splith

Postby Splith » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:20 pm

Place where agents get stuck
My agent going deep into the void
Where my agent ended up.
Showing when agents and the captured guard just refuse to shoot the camera above them. Kept clicking, they just went under it, was able to get them to shoot the left one and then they would attack the right one.
Agent 1 looks pretty good for a dead guy huh?
Why is the guard alerted now to dead agent bodies?

Also: with agent #2 if you have a weapon with the B-button option equipped (can't remember off the top of my head what it was), enable it and press N for the heal then stop the healing, the B-button skill is instantly back to 100% without any waiting.
Splith

Postby Splith » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:03 am

Using captured agents to attack cars, each time they destroy a car they turn around and start firing like this into the building like they're trying to destroy the relay beacon... Why?
Splith

Postby Splith » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:13 am

If agents die (can still be revived) and something explodes (like a turret) making them move, you can no longer revive them as the revive option never appears above their heads.
Kalish

Postby Kalish » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:04 am

Splith wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:27 pm
8) Infiltrator with sniper rifle refuses to snipe the CCTV camera outside the CSA, instead just runs underneth it and does nothing!
Yep, I get this too.
sindyciaray

Postby sindyciaray » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:28 am

if cloak is enable whilst going through a vent or inside a bunker? posts about phenq benefits