Just finished playing through and here's some feedback!

Moderators: 5LS_Chris, 5LS-Mitch, 5LS-Dean

Mortecha

Just finished playing through and here's some feedback!

Postby Mortecha » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:32 am

I'm a huge fan of the old Syndicate franchise and firing this game up for the first time and spending afew days running around shooting and blowing up the place was like taking a trip back in time. Everything that has been added to the old formula has only made the experience so much greater. Especially regarding taking cover, cameras, robots, turrets, access control and grenadesXD. The ending was awesome!. I loved it so much that I immediately started up another game but with Uber-damage enabled, which I find makes the battles more intense, risky and fun overall. There are however some points that I think will make user experience even better.

- Having the ability to pick up un-researched weapons as prototypes would be something that's a throwback to Syndicate but also something completely unique to SR. I feel like killing an opponent equipped with a weapon that I have not researched yet, and not then being able to pick it up is a missed/wasted opportunity to steal more tech. That way you can choose to equip agents with the prototypes if you have more than one of them as well as research it at your discretion.

- Being able to sell obsolete or unused equipment no longer required would allow players the opportunity to gain back some funding from an investment that otherwise would be lost completely.

- I found cloning abit hit and miss, and difficult to understand immediately prior to experimentation with it. As I played through the game I found myself not caring about clone stats as they degrade after each death, almost immediately to nothing. So I relied more on equipment and augmentation stat boosts instead removing the need to exercise caution in order to maintain clone stats. Cloning through a genetic engineering approach instead of complete replacement/degradation of stats would make clone stats more relevant and worthy of the time required to scan and hijack. You build up an agents stats over time by merging a hijacked candidates DNA with the agents and isolating only the positive attributes while completely removing the negatives. Then to keep it simple, the final value for that attribute would be the average of the the agents and the candidates stat. This way you encourage the player to continue the search for excellent genes. Stats should also not degrade after each death as you are making copies from a static gene pool.

These points/adjustments would really improve what is already an insanely great game while also retaining and improving nostalgic links to Syndicate.
Mortecha

Re: Just finished playing through and here's some feedback!

Postby Mortecha » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:08 am

I understand the reluctance to add additional functionality to a finished product, and would actually think it would be kind of annoying and rude to you guys. So for that I apologize.

Given that modding has been recently expanded upon, what would someone need to do to be able to implement these features into an expansion mod?
JacksSR

Re: Just finished playing through and here's some feedback!

Postby JacksSR » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:22 pm

I also have some throughts on Satellite Reign and potential areas of improvement (sounds a bit nicer than saying flaws). All of the issues are in my video review linked to below. This is not a rage against the game, I do genuinely like it and am a fan of Syndicate from back in the day. However, if there is a sequel then I think there are a few issues that could be addressed to improve the gameplay and immersive experience. If for some reason you don't want to watch the full review, the basic points I make are:

* Combat is flawed and unsatisfying because even powerful weapons just chip away at health and enemies don't react to being shot.
* Missions are structured exactly the same way in each area of the city and can feel repetitive.
* The city can feel a bit lifeless at times because there is no dialogue or background chatter. Even Syndicate Wars had a few spoken phrases!
* [SPOILER] The ending is horrible because by destroying the city in a huge explosion all of your actions are made completely pointless.

It's not all bad though, I do like the game overall and I talk about that as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2RRjTcMQjQ