Satellite Reign: Uplink - Coop Multiplayer FAQ

Moderators: 5LS_Chris, 5LS-Mitch, 5LS-Dean

5LS_Brent
Site Admin

Satellite Reign: Uplink - Coop Multiplayer FAQ

Postby 5LS_Brent » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:53 am

How do I activate the opt-in multiplayer beta?

For Steam:
  1. Go to your Steam library and right mouse click on Satellite Reign in your games list.
  2. Select “Properties”
  3. Go to the “Betas” tab
  4. From the “Select the beta you would like to opt into” pull down select “coop_beta” (you may
  5. need to close and re-open steam for this option to appear)
  6. Click “Close”
  7. Wait for the Satellite Reign to download and update.
  8. Profit
For Humble:
Please Hold

For GoG:
Unfortunately GoG doesn’t support betas or branched builds so we cannot currently make the beta available via GoG.

Why is is so buggy?
We’ve tested the game internally but we’re releasing this beta to the public to get more thorough testing. With a lot more hands on the game we have a much better chance of tracking down and finding as many bugs as possible to help improve the final Multiplayer Co-op release when it’s available to everyone.

I found a bug, now what?
Please visit http://satellitereign.com/bugreport/ and submit your bug there.

Please remember that the more information you give us the more likely we’ll be able to fix it. Include any information of what you were doing before the bug happened, the location in the world and the most important info, what version/changelist of the game you were playing along with the output.log file. Screenshots of any issues can be attached via the above bug report submission tool along with any output.log files.

If you can reliably reproduce the bug it is infinitely more useful for us, please include steps on how to recreate the bugs.

You can find out the version and changelist in the main menu here:

Here's where to find your output log if you need to send it to us:
Windows
..\SteamApps\common\SatelliteReign\SatelliteReign_Data\output_log.txt

Linux
~/.config/unity3d/5 Lives Studios/SatelliteReign/Player.log

Mac OS
~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

Can I play over the Internet or LAN?
Either! Satellite Reign supports Internet or LAN/Local play. Unfortunately split-screen is not supported.

Can I join games on Steam via my friends list?
Yes, next question…..NEXT QUESTION

Does Satellite Reign support platform crossplay?
Yes! You can play against your friends on any combination of PC, Mac and Linux. Other platforms don't count so stop asking.

How does the save game system work with multiplayer?
You can use your existing single player save games in multiplayer and vice versa. However only the host has control over loading and saving games.

How do I start a multiplayer co-op Server?
To start a server you can either start a fresh game or load an existing save

To start a fresh game:
  1. On the "Select User" Screen select "New User"
  2. Select "Singleplayer"
  3. Change "Host" to "Internet" or "Local" depending on what type of game you'd like to start
  4. Enter your desired user and server names and enter password if you want to restrict users who can connect to your server.
  5. You can enable or disable any of the Game Mode Options and when you're happy with your set up click "Confirm"
To load an existing save:
  1. On the "Select User" Screen select the desired user that has the save game you'd like to load.
  2. On the "Select Save" screen, highlight the save game you'd like to load and instead of clicking "Load Game". Select "Load Multiplayer" instead.
  3. Enter your desired player and server names and enter password if you want to restrict users who can connect to your server.
  4. Click "Load Game" to start your server.
Can I direct connect using an IP?

Yes, if you go to the "Join Multiplayer" screen and without selecting a server from the list, click "Join". You'll be able to manually input an IP and connect directly.

How do I use the in-game Chat?

Press ENTER on your keyboard, enter your text and then press ENTER again to submit your message.

What port does Satellite Reign use?

7777 However internet games use the Unity Relay server so this should not be relevant.

Why can't I find servers/connect to servers?

Ensure that your Firewall (Windows or otherwise) is not blocking the Satellite Reign EXE file.

I don’t have 3 friends to play Co-Op with?
That’s not really a question. Maybe you should buy 3 more copies of Satellite Reign and give them to strangers at the bus stop, that’s how you make lifelong friendships and influence people.

Where are my pants?
Good question, stop staring at me and give me back my baby oil.
tarasis

Re: Satellite Reign: Uplink - Coop Multiplayer FAQ

Postby tarasis » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:21 pm

Will it ever come out of Beta and come to GOG?