Clones backstory interpretation

Moderators: 5LS-Dean, 5LS_Chris, 5LS-Mitch

chomwitt

Clones backstory interpretation

Postby chomwitt » Mon May 30, 2016 11:59 pm

I like to fill in with my imagination some 'gaps' in the backstory.

So i see my agents as cyborgs (almost true) . Each agent is basically a 'program' . So we have
a 'soldier program' .

So we can donwload our program to 'bodies' .

One hole is: 'why cant we have many soldiers or many hackers ?'
Because those 'programs' are licensed with permission to run
only one cyborg.
So we suppose that the company behind our teams had money
to buy only 4 licenses.

So in that lense the 'cloning' aspect of the gamestory seems more 'real' to my imagination while playing this fabulous game.
cybKoz

Re: Clones backstory interpretation

Postby cybKoz » Tue May 31, 2016 4:58 am

The licensing sounds like good patch to the lore, but now I'm interested in having more than one of any type of agent.
M0ntS4intM1chel

Postby M0ntS4intM1chel » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:38 pm

For diving into this kind of stuff i suggest reading Richard Morgans "Altered Carbon".

I like the "license"per-unit-idea, if the Agents would really run on nothing more than written code or if their installed third-party-hardware makes them artificial over a certain degree. In Ghost in the Shell the Cyborgs are practically ownded by the governement.

If you take them as a "Spirit" of a real person, copy/pasted into a militarised cyborg, it would be clear, that there could be only one at a time, except you start having multiple copies of persons running at the same time. That would be weird. And Richard Morgan was kind enough to issue this in Altered Carbon at least as a sidenote.
cybKoz

Postby cybKoz » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:43 am

To continue the thoughts a little more, the agent could be a certain percent human and a certain percent code. This would raise the idea, hacking themselves to allow for further use of their own bodies. This delves more into possible lore, as this would make the game a bit too complicated for its current stage. Its fun to think about though.
chomwitt

Postby chomwitt » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:25 am

I put 'Altered Carbon' in my list. Interesting factoid come up. R.Morgan was hired to write the backstory of the 2012 FPS game Syndicate (src: wikipedia article on the game)