Broken GOG Achievements

Moderators: 5LS_Chris, 5LS-Mitch, 5LS-Dean

F4LL0UT

Broken GOG Achievements

Postby F4LL0UT » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:57 am

Hello, I recently started playing the GOG version of Satellite Reign and I noticed that sadly Galaxy achievements don't work. It's apparently an issue that has been known for more than a year, judging by these two threads:

https://www.gog.com/forum/satellite_rei ... hievements
https://www.gog.com/forum/satellite_rei ... nts_bugged

Since there have been several updates since GOG achievements stopped working, I presume that it's not that you guys are being lazy but rather that the problem may just have never been brought to your attention, so I figured I'll just report it here.

User Ripper935 reported that rolling back to version 1.06 restored achievements for him. The earliest version I can roll back to is 1.07.06 and there the achievements were already broken.

Another user, gognobby, checked out the game's log file and stumbled over this portion:
GOG: UnlockAchievemnet ENTER_INDUSTRIAL
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

GOG: store stat ACHIEVEMENTS value 7
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)
Note the typo in "UnlockAchievemnet". I'm not sure if that's just a typo in the log message or a hint at an actual error in the code.

Anyway, I would be super grateful if you guys could take a look at this and, if possible, fix it ASAP. I'm of course still enjoying the game but not getting the achievements is quite a bummer. Particularly those that involve not killing anyone seem like a really fun challenge that I'd love to try during a second playthrough.

Cheers!
Synthezoid

Re: Broken GOG Achievements

Postby Synthezoid » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:04 pm

Yes, please fix them. Many people are interested in this feature but it's more than a year that it's bugged.
Probably it's also an error that it's simple to patch because it only appeared with the latest updates.

Thanks!